So this blog is all about YOU! How are you feeling through this tumultuous time of change and have you found your groove? (Don’t worry if you haven’t!)
I find that most mothers struggle with their new role and lose their sense of self. This is happening while constantly guessing and meeting the needs of their little baby.
You may feel alone in your world, but, trust me, every mother is feeling the same way.
Take comfort in this community of new mothers! It’s time to be kind to yourself, I’II show you how, keep reading!!
Through my experience and in my opinion, Mother’s revert to a younger persons thinking, like when you were learning at school. Let me explain….
When you’re a new mother you may be unsure of your new role. You will ask for direction and seek advice most of the time. This can put you right back to high school!
Don’t worry, we all do this!
But the good news is, your confident, adult self, is still there! You CAN trust your instincts and learn with your baby! So let’s bring the confident woman you already are back into the mix!
Let me tell you a story……….I saw a beautiful mother in my clinic who was so worried that she had stuffed everything up. She was spiralling, feeling totally out of control and looking for answers to questions that she didn’t even know to ask! Sound familiar?
So here’s what I did……..I started a conversation about HER first. About who SHE was! I asked what her life was like before baby.
And then I saw it……………..a sparkle in her eye, a true glimpse of her soul and her happiness. It was like a beacon that I needed to follow and explore. It was her happy place!
I immediately felt my eyes tear up as I saw a beautiful woman come to life. I told her exactly what I saw and reminded her that she is a wonderful woman who was just struggling with learning a new skill and finding her groove in this new role.
I gave her permission to problem solve; as she did so well in her adult world. The consult took a dramatic turn and she was able to tell me exactly what she wanted and needed!
No more asking questions, no more feeling bad or guilty and no more worry about the future! Just the here and now is all that is needed and this woman was doing BRILLIANT, a superhero in fact!
I think, if you have found your way to reading this, you need to just take a step back from mummy role. Take this hat off and put your confident, adult hat back on. The one where you go about each day feeling confident in what you do.
Then, head on back to your mother role and put that hat on top of your other one! DONE! Now you can use both hats to weave your way through your new role.
You are an adult and you can bring your awesomeness to this role! Go on, do it, get that sparkle in your eye and keep on going!
You will get through the sleep deprivation! You will get through the uncertainty! You will get to the other side with a new found confidence as a mother and SOAR!!
This is what I call MINDSET! Your mindset is THE biggest hurdle you need to jump, it is bigger than all the practical breastfeeding stuff.
If your head is right then the rest will follow. Here’s what you can do…
- Meditate for 10 minutes each day – whether you do this by listening to music, sitting quietly, journalling or closing your eyes and taking a few very deep breaths. This will clear your mind each day and set you up for success.
- Stop reading other peoples stories or listening to well-meaning relatives! That was their journey not yours. Just read my blogs! LOL!
- Stop comparing yourself to anyone else! No FOMO here! This is just torture and sends you on a downward spiral of self-destruction.
- Look around my website for all the answers to your questions. Or if you need a dose of confidence building or mindset magic then schedule a call with me here.
- Take one day at a time. Forget the past, don’t try to predict the future just sit in the NOW. If you are in the NOW you are ok. You can problem solve in the NOW and you can cope and ask for help in the NOW. You can’t do this if your mind is sitting in the PAST or the FUTURE.
So come on over to the NOW……………Use all the hats that you wear as a confident adult, even it is a very small hat! Anything that makes you feel confident, bring it forward, swing it around and place it firmly on your head.
You WILL feel different, you will sparkle and you will be able to keep going!
You are amazing!